Student Blogging Challenge- Challenge 3

Activity 3. Write a post about your favourite tool to embed on your blog

Many students mentioned they wanted to know about some more web2.0 tools they could use on their blog. So here is your chance to promote a favourite web2.0 tool. Remember to create a link in your post so your readers can visit the site you are recommending. A new one many students in my class like using is Storybird. Your teacher can create a class account, then when your book has been moderated by your teacher they can embed a story in your blog. Or you can do what Lauren has done and create a post with links to your storybirds.

My favourite web2.0 tool is Storybird. Because there is so much to choose from and you can write a story about practically anything. I have made many stories using storybird in many different genres and many different ages. Storybird I a great learning website for everyone and there is so much you can do.

Activity 6. Visit other student or class blogs

What are some of the different web 2.0 tools being used on those blogs. Are some of the tools in posts or as widgets? Look at the sidebars – are they too crowded or are they interesting because they are interactive? Do too many ‘flashy and glittery’things slow down the loading of the blog? Write a post explaining what you want your blog to be like by the end of the ten weeks. What will you include in the sidebar and why?

I hope my blog will look a bit different but not too different because I really like it the way it is. I like all of my widgets and they make my blog interesting and original. I think the falshing widgets do make the page load slower and they can get annoying sometimes. I love sidebars that are fun and interactive because that is what makes a blog fun!

Activity 5. What is digital citizenship?

Play this game about digital citizenship. How well did you go? Write a post telling your readers about digital citizenship – what you should do rather than what you shouldn’t do. Maybe you would prefer to create a book, poster or video about digital citizenship. Some web2.0 tools you might use with parental or teacher permission glogster, goanimate, audioboo or flipbook.

My score in this game was unfortunately only 42/100 some thing I think I didn’t do correctly were supporting Joe more, gathering information and the quiz I only got 12/15 both times.

My favourite web 2.0 tool would definately have to be the mixpod. I like that way people visiting your blog can listen to music while they are reading. It also gives you a whole lot of new songs for you to listen to so readers might find a singer who they never knew and they really liked them.

http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/2011/09/25/challenge-3-me-on-the-internet/